City Summit is a one-day event that will convene a targeted group of city, corporate and NGO partner leaders to begin answering collaboratively the question: What will it take for cities and companies to work together more effectively to accelerate the uptake of technologies and solutions that achieve cities’ deep carbon-reduction goals?
Its principal objective is to facilitate a more effective dialogue between cities and technology companies in order to scale up solutions that achieve sustainability and resilience goals.
Where and When: October 27, 2014, at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco.
City Summit is produced in partnership with C40 and the Urban Sustainability Director’s Network (USDN), and other organizations that share the objective of evolving public-private collaboration from ad-hoc and opportunistic to systematic and enduring.
The Experience: At City Summit, participants will engage in facilitated
discussions aimed at addressing both barriers and opportunities to scaling a wide range of technology solutions, including energy-efficient equipment and vehicles, low-carbon fuels, renewable and alternative energy technologies and smart grid infrastructure.
Among the key questions we'll address:
- Public-private partnerships: How do cities develop and sustain successful public-private partnerships to create a marketplace for smart-city products and services?
- Technologies and services: What technologies do cities need? What already exists to address those needs and where is there opportunity for innovation?
- Financing: What innovative financing models and mechanisms are needed to rapidly implement solutions at scale?
What to expect:
- A rich and engaging dialogue that results in breakthrough insights and valuable connections
- Direct insight into the experiences and best practices of other participants
- A methodology designed to distill and define the characteristics of better partnerships
- The opportunity to share and amplify your own success stories
Representatives from both sectors will be selected based on the goal of having a diverse and representative group that has influence on the systems and decision-making processes for bringing carbon-reducing technologies and solutions to cities.
Selected attendee titles:
- Chief Sustainability Officer
- Chief Technology Officer
- Chief Procurement Officer
- Chief Strategic Planning & Budget OFficer
- Director of IT
- Director of Public Works
- Facilities Managers
- Deputy City Manager
- Senior Public Affairs Officer
- Senior Business Development Executive
- Government Relations Executive
- Head of Corporate Venture
- Director of Sustainability
- Foundation Director
How to attend
City Summit participation is by invitation. As part of your All-Access registration, select City Summit as one of your requested agenda items, and our staff will follow-up with you.